When you talk about being vegetarian the first thing that comes to mind is Indian and its foods. Vegetarian food is consumed by most populace of this mystical country and now more and more meat eaters are converting to eating vegetables. The best thing about vegetarian food in India is that it is whole and sumptuous and gives you the satisfaction of stomach full. This is for good reason as the food menu usually includes rice along with vegetables, dals and curries. Rice is characteristically filling so you derive greater satisfaction than eating breads. However the best vegetarian restaurant Singapore serves both rice and bread in equal measures along with other vegetarian dishes that compulsorily include Dal, salad, curd, pickle, papad and other accompaniments.
Eating Indian food is spicy, this is what most people conjure up about Indian vegetarian food, but what they don’t realize is its nutritional value. Vegetarian food is made up of a variety of vegetables, herbs, spices and dairy products. In salads a variety of leafy vegetables and fruits are added along with spices and herbs like black pepper, green chilies, coriander leaves, mint leaves and so on. These ingredients hold great medicinal and health supplement values. The Indian curries though on the spicier side are cooked with a number of herbs and spices that hold large amount of anti-oxidants good for eliminating oxidation in the body. Antioxidants help body to protect cells against agents that cause oxidation in the body responsible for cell damage. These are really bad for the heart and can cause terminal illnesses like cancer. Food Ingredients like turmeric, ginger, licorice, beans, kale, red cabbage, spinach, and beets have antioxidant elements and they are used routinely in vegetarian foods. The best vegetarian restaurant near me is the place you should be eating if you ever venture out to dine, as you stand to benefit from the food served there.
Here are 5 reasons why you should be eating at best vegetarian restaurant Singapore
- Dazzling array of vegetables and fruits are used in the cooking in different types and manner that help retain nutrients and freshness. Indian cooking does not cause vegetables to lose nutrients hence is great source of nutrition.
- The vegetarian restaurant will use fresh herbs and spices to cook variety of vegetables which would also mean that no preservatives are used in the cooking process
- Liberal use of turmeric, garlic, ginger and green chilies in the cooking impart medicinal and healing abilities to the vegetarian food. The spices used in Indian foods provide immense health benefit
- A wholesome Indian Thali will provide you with enough carbohydrate, protein, good fats, and fibers in a balanced way
- Fermented milk or yog hurt is routinely used in the Indian cooking. This actually help the digestive track remain healthy. It also helps you to get sufficient calcium which will do away with the extra fat and give strength to the bones, hair and teeth.
To enjoy the above benefits choose the best vegetarian restaurant near me and make it a regular habit of eating the food served there.